This homemade cranberry cake is perfect for the winter season. Its bright red color brings holiday spirit to your family dinner or friends party. Easy to make and delicious!
- 4 eggs
- 220 g granulated sugar
- 115 g melted butter
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 380ºF. Grease and flour a cake pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar with mixer until slightly thickened.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Add the cranberries and stir gently.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool. If desired, dust with confectioners sugar.
Profiteroles – French cream puffs filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with chocolate sauce. Chocolate sauce on this profiteroles is the “live jazz”. Don’t let the long recipe scare you, it is very easy and worth all the time involved. It is a great dessert you can impress your family and friends with.
Profiteroles With Vanilla Ice Cream And Chocolate Sauce
- 200 ml water
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g butter
- 120 g sifted flour
- 3-4 eggs
- 800 g chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 250 ml milk or heavy cream
- 300 g dark chocolate (60% cacao)
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot, add water, butter and salt. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Add sifted flour and mix well.
- Mix until the dough comes away from the walls and forms into a ball.
- Add the eggs, one by one and mix well. (If the eggs are large, use only 3 eggs.)
- The dough should become smooth and shiny. Return saucepan back on the heat and keep mixing for about 30-50 seconds, to dry out the moisture. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag to pipe specific shapes (size of the walnut is the best). Space the puffs slightly apart on the baking sheet, because the dough will rise.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the puffs are puffed and golden brown in color. Do not open the oven while baking. Remove from the oven, let it cool completely and carefully transfer to a flat surface.
- Cut puffs in half. Place one small scoop of ice cream ball on the bottom of each puff.
- Replace the top. As soon as you done, place them in the freezer, until they are ready to be served.
- In a small, saucepan bring milk to boil, remove from the heat and pour the liquid over the chocolate. Allow it to sit for 1 minute.
- Mix it until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the profiteroles from the freezer. Arrange 3 puffs per plate. Drizzle each serving with chocolate sauce and Voilà! 😉 Bon appetite.
Only 2 ingredients are needed to prepare this delicious French chocolate mousse. No dairy products and no sugar added; all you need is dark chocolate and eggs. So simple and so tasty! The only downside is that you should allocate about 4 hours to chill the mousse before serving.
In small individual glasses, the chocolate mousse will be perfect for a cafe gourmand!
French Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g dark or milk chocolate chips or break chocolate into small pieces
- 6 fresh eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt chocolate in a microwave (or use a double boiler) until the chocolate is completely melted. If you use a microwave: put the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 25 seconds, then stir. Microwave for 25 more seconds and stir again. Continue microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is liquid, smooth, and shiny.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites. Add egg yolks in melted chocolate and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into chocolate using a spatula.
- You should have a smooth and fluffy mousse.
- Divide the mousse among individual glasses. Refrigerate your dessert for 4-6 hours.
The flourless chocolate cake is a delicate gluten free dessert that melts in your mouth. The recipe is absolutely simple without any flour! All you need is chocolate, butter, sugar and eggs.
Flourless chocolate cake
- 200 g chocolate chips (60%)
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate and butter on a water bath or in a microwave. Mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Separate yolks from egg whites.
- Add yolks into the melted chocolate and mix.
- Add salt to the egg whites, and beat into a thick foam.
- Using a spatula carefully fold in whipped egg whites into chocolate mass.
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Generously butter a baking pan and pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake in in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. The exact time of baking depends on the oven, size and quality of the baking pan. Once the the cake is moist and not liquid inside (it’s not a lava cake) – it’s ready. Please, don’t overcook!
- Let the cake cool then carefully remove it from the pan. Dust it with powdered sugar and serve.
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles is one delicacy that no one can refuse. The roasted hazelnut compliments the rich cacao powder. Store the truffles in container in the fridge for up to 5 days, but they will disappear from the fridge a lot faster, trust me on this.
Chocolat Hazelnut Truffles
- 30 g hazelnuts
- 150 ml heavy whipping cream
- 200 g dark chocolate (60-70% cacao)
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the nuts in an even layer on the baking sheet, and roast it for 10-15 minutes. Stirring every 3 minutes. Check the nuts. You are looking for the color to be a few shades darker. When the nuts are browned and smell nutty, remove from the oven and transfer onto a plate. Cool it and clean from the flakes. I like my truffles extra tiny, so I cut each hazelnut in half. You don’t have to cut them if you are making large truffles.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Wait 1-2 minutes until chocolate melts.
- Add butter and whisk until smooth. Place it in the frizzer for about 2 hours, until firm enough to roll.
- Use a teaspoon or small cookie scoop to portion the ganache, hide one hazelnut inside each piece, roll the balls between hands, until smooth and place on a plate.
- Roll in cacao powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
This heart-shaped Ice Cream will please your significant other without having to spend the whole day cooking. Ice cream in the shape of a heart served with a cloud of whipping cream dusted with grated chocolate. This icy dessert will melt hearts!
Heart-shaped Ice Cream
- 200 g chocolate ice cream (or another your favorite ice cream/sorbet )
- 50 ml heavy whipping cream ( 35%) very cold
- 1 tsp sugar
- Grated chocolate
- Few red berries (blueberry, raspberry…)
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and leave it out for 5 minutes to make it softer. Put the ice cream in a heart shaped mold. Cover with plastic wrap and put it back in the freezer for around 45 minutes.
- Submerge the mold under hot water for a couple seconds (wipe the water off of the mold with a towel so that the serving plate does not get wet).
- Remove the ice cream from the mold onto a plate. Put the plate into the freezer.
- Whip the heavy cream with the sugar until fluffy. Don’t over beat.
- When serving, put the whipping cream on the heart. Decorate with nuts, grated chocolate, and red berries. Serve right away.
Delicate and full of apples easy to make cake. Recipe is very similar to famous Russian Apple Sharlotka but with a little of olive oil and baking powder. Must try!
Easy Apple Cake
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 150 g sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 big apples Granny Smith
- 1 tsp confectioner's sugar (facultatif)
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Grease and flour a round cake pan or line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar. Add flour and baking powder. Mix well, then add oil and mix last time.
- Peel and dice apples into small pieces. Lay out the apples on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the batter over the apples.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until а knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool then transfer to plate.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Absolutely amazing what a little cream, a little sugar and couple of eggs can turn into…. Perfect restaurant quality dessert. A rich custard topped with a hard layer of caramel. This Vanilla creme brulee is very easy to make if you follow all the steps correctly.
It will perfectly complete your cafe gourmand if the crème brûlée is served in small ramekins.
Look at this short video ! 🙂
Vanilla Crème brûlée
- 8 egg yolks
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 640 ml whipping cream
- 6 tsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds into the cream. In a medium bowl, combine together sugar, eggs yolks, vanilla and whisk.
- Add the cream a little at a time and stir. Remove the scum with a tea spoon.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and pour it into the ramekins. Divide cream mixture among ramekins (about 6 ramekins).
- Arrange the ramekins in a baking pan with deep sides. And carefully pour water around ramekins so that the water level must reach about 2/3 of the ramekins.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. You will know its ready when the custard is wobbly and jiggle from side to side when nudged (it looks like jello).
- Remove the custard from the water bath and let cool completely, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours (overnight).
- Before serving, cover each cold creme brulee evenly with sugar (1 tsp). Caramelize using a propane torch. If you don’t have one propane torch, use the broiler: put the oven rack about 6 inches away from the broiler. Place the custards on the baking sheet and broil for about 3-5 minutes, or until sugar bubbles and turns golden brown. (Keep a close eye on them, they can burn quickly)
These Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins are moist and absolutely delicious. This is an excellent way to use your ripe bananas and make an excellent dessert that everyone will love.
I substitute all purpose flour by almond flour so they are gluten free! Brown sugar gives a beautiful amber color. A must-try dessert…
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g unsalted butter melted
- 280 g almond flour
- 120 g chocolate chips (60%)
- 120 g chopped walnuts (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees F. Grease muffin cups with butter or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir eggs, brown sugar and salt.
- Mash bananas with a fork and mix them with egg mixture.
- Stir almond flour and mix until smooth.
- Add melted butter.
- Then chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 25-30 minutes.
I don’t mean to brag, but as far as homemade ice cream cake recipes go, this one is the winner. The red berry coulis topping is the perfect balance between sweet and sour. This No-Bake Ice Cream Cake Iceberg is the ideal dessert to serve at your next party on a hot summer day.
Ice Cream Cake Iceberg
- 4 eggs
- 100 g granulated sugar (50 + 50)
- 1-2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 300 ml sour cream
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream ( 35%)
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 g red berries (blueberry, huckleberry, boysenberry, raspberry…) fresh or frozen
- Some Fresh berries for garnish
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Whisk egg yolks with sugar (50 g).
- When the sugar is dissolved add vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a mixer bowl, whisk together very cold sour cream and heavy cream together until fluffy. Add sugar and continue whisking until firm (don’t over whip).
- Using a spatula, combine egg yolks with whipped cream together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- With a spatula, carefully combine egg whites with whipped cream.
- You should get a nice fluffy cream.
- Spread the cream evenly into a silicone pan or salad bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Rinse and drain fresh berries and puree until smooth. If you are using a frozen berries, place them in a leak-proof container and set the container in cold water for 10-15 minutes, then puree them.
- Pass the puree through a fine sieve to remove all tiny seeds. Coulis is ready.
- Remove it from the silicone pan and return it back to freezer until serving. (If you used a salad bowl, place it into hot water for a couple seconds). Prepare fresh berries for garnish.
- Right before serving, pour the coulis over the ice cream cake and garnish with fresh berries.