Here is the incredibly delicate and gluten-free almond cake. This is the “Amandier” recipe by renowned French Pastry chef Christophe Michalak with minor modifications. The main ingredients are almond flour and mascarpone.
If you enjoy this recipe, check out my other gluten-free desserts, such as the delicious banana muffins!
Gluten-free almond cake
- 6 eggs
- 190 g sugar
- 40 g honey
- 300 g almond flour
- 150 g softened salted or unsalted butter
- 100 g mascarpone cheese
- Some orange zest
- 1 Tbsp liquid vanilla (or 1 packet of vanilla sugar) (optional)
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- Some powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 330°F (150°С). Grease baking pan with butter or line with parchment paper.
- In a mixer bowl, put eggs, sugar, and honey.
- Mix together.
- Add almond flour and mix again.
- In another bowl, mush the butter and mascarpone cheese together using a fork.
- Add the mascarpone and butter to the egg-sugar mixture and mix again.
- Add orange zest and vanilla to the batter. Mix well for the last time.
- Pour the batter into baking pan.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 45 minutes. Allow the almond cake to cool before removing it from the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
These Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins are moist and absolutely delicious. This is an excellent way to use your ripe bananas and make an excellent dessert that everyone will love.
I substitute all purpose flour by almond flour so they are gluten free! Brown sugar gives a beautiful amber color. A must-try dessert…
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g unsalted butter melted
- 280 g almond flour
- 120 g chocolate chips (60%)
- 120 g chopped walnuts (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees F. Grease muffin cups with butter or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir eggs, brown sugar and salt.
- Mash bananas with a fork and mix them with egg mixture.
- Stir almond flour and mix until smooth.
- Add melted butter.
- Then chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 25-30 minutes.
Only 2 ingredients are needed to prepare this delicious French chocolate mousse. No dairy products and no sugar added; all you need is dark chocolate and eggs. So simple and so tasty! The only downside is that you should allocate about 4 hours to chill the mousse before serving.
In small individual glasses, the chocolate mousse will be perfect for a cafe gourmand!
French Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g dark chocolate chips (60-70% cocoa) or break dark chocolate into small pieces
- 6 fresh eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt chocolate in a microwave (or use a double boiler) until the chocolate is completely melted. If you use a microwave: put the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 25 seconds, then stir. Microwave for 25 more seconds and stir again. Continue microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is liquid, smooth, and shiny.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites. Add egg yolks in melted chocolate and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into chocolate using a spatula.
- You should have a smooth and fluffy mousse.
- Divide the mousse among individual glasses. Refrigerate your dessert for 4-6 hours.
The flourless chocolate cake is a delicate gluten free dessert that melts in your mouth. The recipe is absolutely simple without any flour! All you need is chocolate, butter, sugar and eggs.
Flourless chocolate cake
- 200 g chocolate chips (60%)
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate and butter on a water bath or in a microwave. Mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Separate yolks from egg whites.
- Add yolks into the melted chocolate and mix.
- Add salt to the egg whites, and beat into a thick foam.
- Using a spatula carefully fold in whipped egg whites into chocolate mass.
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Generously butter a baking pan and pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake in in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. The exact time of baking depends on the oven, size and quality of the baking pan. Once the the cake is moist and not liquid inside (it’s not a lava cake) – it’s ready. Please, don’t overcook!
- Let the cake cool then carefully remove it from the pan. Dust it with powdered sugar and serve.
French Chocolate Мacarons (Macarons au chocolat) – elegant french cookie made with almond flour. There are hundreds of different fillings, but the chocolate ganache is the most popular. This recipe is simple enough to make, but they sometimes crack or have imperfect “feet”. Don’t worry they’re still delicious, and don’t give up, only practice will make them flawless.
Perfect for a cafe gourmand!
French Chocolate Macarons
- 75 g almond flour
- 110 g powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 large egg whites (about 70 g)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g sugar
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream ( 35%)
- 90 g chocolate chips (60%)
- 1 tsp sour cream
- Mix almond flour and powdered sugar in food processor (40-50 seconds).
- Add cacao powder to almond mixture and pass through a fine sieve.
- Add a pinch of salt to egg whites and beat until foamy.
- Slowly add sugar and beat until firm peaks form.
- Fold the dry mixture into the meringue, keep folding the batter until it reaches a honey-like consistency.
- Transfer the batter to the pastry bag.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. To make all macarons look the same size, print out a 2.5 cm macaron template, place under parchment paper and trace the outlines. You can also use a silicone mat.
- Holding the bag vertically and close to the baking sheet, pipe circles. Tap the baking sheet a few times on the counter to release any air bubbles, and to make them look round. Let them sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes, until skin forms on the shells.
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F. Bake for 15 minutes (one sheet at a time). Each oven temperature is different so keep an eye on them. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing them. Pair the cookies up according to size.
- Add heavy cream to a small saucepan and heat on high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Allow to stand for 1 minute to soften the chocolate.
- Stir briskly until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and stir again.
- Transfer ganache to the pastry bag or small ziplock bag. Allow to cool for about 2 hours at room temperature or 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Pipe the ganache filling in the middle of one shell (about 1 tsp).
- Sandwich it with empty shell. Store them in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving. They’ll taste even better next day. 😉
Very light, melting in your mouth, make these coconut cookies with shredded coconut and crushed hazelnuts. Works perfectly for gluten free diet. You may want to double the recipe as one batch never seems to be enough. You can freeze the leftovers in a plastic container.
Coconut cookies with hazelnuts
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 g sugar
- 150 g shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 50 g crushed hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Combine egg whites and salt in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in coconut and hazelnut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto 2 baking sheets covered with parchment paper. Garnish each cookie with half hazelnut. I bake one baking sheet at a time, for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and try if the cookie is ready. Cool for about 3 minutes and transfer them onto the serving plate.