Just because I don’t drink alcohol doesn’t mean that I have to stick with plain water… This virgin mojito is a perfect beverage for any family and friends gatherings. There are many ways to make virgin mojito. Personally, I think the version with Ginger Ale tastes the best.
- 4 limes
- 2 lemons
- 1 big bunch of mint
- 10 cups ice cubes
- 2 (1.5 L) bottle of sparkling water or club soda
- 1 (1 l) bottle of ginger ale
- Slice lemons and limes.
- In a big jar combine the limes, lemons, fresh mint and ice cubes together.
- Top with sparkling water, Ginger Ale and stir.
This is my home-made lemon infused vodka. This strong alcoholic drink has a pleasant lemon aroma. You can either drink on its own or use it to make cocktails. Please consume with moderation.
Lemon Infused Vodka
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 l vodka
- Peel the lemon then slice it.
- Place the lemon slices into the jar then add sugar and vodka.
- Cover and keep 7 days at room temperature, out of direct sunlight.
- Discard the lemon slices, strain the infused vodka thru a fine mesh. Transfer vodka into a bottle. Serve chilled or use for the cocktail.
One orange, one liter of vodka or rum, 44 coffee beans, 44 pieces of sugar, and 44 days of infusion. A French alcohol drink that will enchant your guests. Consume with moderation!
- 1 orange organic
- 44 coffee beans
- 44 pieces of sugar (or 220 g of granulated sugar)
- 1 liter vodka or white rum
- Wash a jar with boiling water then dry it. Wash and dry the orange.
- With a knife, make 44 cuts in the orange and put a coffee bean in each hole.
- Put the orange in the jar and add the sugar.
- Add the vodka (or rum).
- Close the jar well, keep it in a cool and dark place for 44 days.
- Throw away the orange (sadly it is not good anymore). Filter the liquor and pour into a bottle.
A traditional Russian bread kvass is a fermented and carbonated beverage in which the main components are Rye bread, yeast, sugar, water and raisins. In Russia kvass is used in some cold recipes such as okroshka.
- 3 l boiled water room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 10 slices Rye bread
- 3 Tbsp raisins optional
- Slice Rye bread.
- Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat the broiler. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil the slices until dark brown, turning them over only once, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, mix together active dry yeast, sugar and water. Place bread and raisins in 3 Mason jars and fill the jars with water.
- Cover the jars with lid or plastic wrap and let it stand on the countertop for 6-8 hours at room temperature, stir the mixture occasionally.
- Carefully remove the toasted bread and raisins and discard them. Using a strainer pour the kvass into empty jars or plastic containers and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve chilled and ENJOY!
The perfect cocktail to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day, the national holiday of Ireland. Irish Coffee is quickly prepared with coffee, sugar, heavy whipping cream, and whisky!
- 1 black coffee
- 1/2 tea spoon brown sugar (or powder sugar)
- 1 Tbsp whisky
- A bit of heavy whipping cream
- Pour the whiskey and the sugar in the bottom of the cup. Prepare a black coffee and pour it in to the glass.
- Finish with a little bit of heavy whipping cream (preferably homemade) on the whiskey coffee. Serve right away.
Pineapple Vodka is nicely flavored and has a pleasant taste. A vanilla bean is not a must but will improve the experience by softening the drink.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 750 ml vodka
- 1 vanilla bean (not necessary but highly recommended)
- Peel and core fresh pineapple, cut into cubes. Place the pineapple into a large bottle or mason jar with lid. If using vanilla bean, slice the bean from top to bottom in one long slit keeping it attached at the upper stem, like a v-shape. With help of the knife scrape, scrub the seeds and add them into the jar. Fill the jar with vodka. Cover and put it off to the side for 5 days in a fresh and dark place, to let the flavors infuse.
- After 5 days, strain pineapple out through a fine mesh strainer and pour your infused vodka into a nice, fancy bottle. Refrigerate. It will be ready as soon as it is chilled.
- You can eat the leftover pineapple. And of course make sure not to offer it to kids or pregnant women.