These Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins are moist and absolutely delicious. This is an excellent way to use your ripe bananas and make an excellent dessert that everyone will love.
I substitute all purpose flour by almond flour so they are gluten free! Brown sugar gives a beautiful amber color. A must-try dessert…
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g unsalted butter melted
- 280 g almond flour
- 120 g chocolate chips (60%)
- 120 g chopped walnuts (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees F. Grease muffin cups with butter or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir eggs, brown sugar and salt.
- Mash bananas with a fork and mix them with egg mixture.
- Stir almond flour and mix until smooth.
- Add melted butter.
- Then chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 25-30 minutes.
Bananas, nuts and chocolate… how can you go wrong? I made it with my 7 year old daughter this Saturday. She loves to help me with cooking. The Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread was absolutely delicious. I made 2 loafs, so we can have it for breakfast on Sunday.
If you are looking for gluten-free recipe, try our Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins.
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas peeled and mashed with fork
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature (plus more for the pan)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (any)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×4 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix thoroughly, then add dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- If necessary, cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes, to prevent excess browning.
- Cool the bread in pan on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire racks to cool completely.