Only 2 ingredients are needed to prepare this delicious French chocolate mousse. No dairy products and no sugar added; all you need is dark chocolate and eggs. So simple and so tasty! The only downside is that you should allocate about 4 hours to chill the mousse before serving.
In small individual glasses, the chocolate mousse will be perfect for a cafe gourmand!
French Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g dark or milk chocolate chips or break chocolate into small pieces
- 6 fresh eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt chocolate in a microwave (or use a double boiler) until the chocolate is completely melted. If you use a microwave: put the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 25 seconds, then stir. Microwave for 25 more seconds and stir again. Continue microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is liquid, smooth, and shiny.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites. Add egg yolks in melted chocolate and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into chocolate using a spatula.
- You should have a smooth and fluffy mousse.
- Divide the mousse among individual glasses. Refrigerate your dessert for 4-6 hours.
This is must-try chocolate cake without flour, sugar, butter and dairy products. So you can allow yourself to eat the second (and third) piece. 😉 All chocolate lovers will definitely fell in love with dessert.
This is translation of original french recipe 𝙈𝙤𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙪𝙭 𝙡é𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙪 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙩 @recettes_simplyfit without any modification: delicate and very chocolate dessert.
You like it? Check my other gluten-free recipes.
Chocolate cake without flour, sugar, butter and dairy products
- 150 g chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 180 g applesauce without sugar
- 40 g starch (maizena)
- 2 tsp baking powder dough
- 3 eggs (separate yolks from whites)
- 1 a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C, (390F) and line a baking dish with parchment paper or use a silicone mold.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or a microwave.
- Add applesauce to melted chocolate. Mix.
- Add yolks and mix well.
- Add starch and baking powder. Mix.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, adding a pinch of salt.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes. Baking time depends on the oven and shape. Check readiness with a knife blade.
Shortcrust pastry (or pie crust) is very popular when making quiche, pie, tart and tartelettes. You’ll be amazed how easy it is to make this unsweetened pie shell. It turns out light, crumbly, crunchy and deliciously buttery. After trying making this recipe you will never go back to store-bought crust again.
- 240 g all purpose flour
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- 125 g softened unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- In a large bowl or on the clean table surface combine salt and flour together. Add chunks of softened butter.
- Use finger to combine until crumbly.
- Add egg yolks and start to knead the dough, only add as much water as dough needs. Do not over-knead.
- Shape into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 380°F. Unwrap dough and roll into a thin circle between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Fit dough into a tart pan, press firmly on bottom and sides. Trim any extra dough. Pick all over with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until pie shell is lightly golden.