Only 2 ingredients are needed to prepare this delicious French chocolate mousse. No dairy products and no sugar added; all you need is dark chocolate and eggs. So simple and so tasty! The only downside is that you should allocate about 4 hours to chill the mousse before serving.
In small individual glasses, the chocolate mousse will be perfect for a cafe gourmand!
French Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g dark or milk chocolate chips or break chocolate into small pieces
- 6 fresh eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt chocolate in a microwave (or use a double boiler) until the chocolate is completely melted. If you use a microwave: put the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 25 seconds, then stir. Microwave for 25 more seconds and stir again. Continue microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is liquid, smooth, and shiny.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites. Add egg yolks in melted chocolate and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into chocolate using a spatula.
- You should have a smooth and fluffy mousse.
- Divide the mousse among individual glasses. Refrigerate your dessert for 4-6 hours.
This is must-try chocolate cake without flour, sugar, butter and dairy products. So you can allow yourself to eat the second (and third) piece. 😉 All chocolate lovers will definitely fell in love with dessert.
This is translation of original french recipe 𝙈𝙤𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙪𝙭 𝙡é𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙪 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙩 @recettes_simplyfit without any modification: delicate and very chocolate dessert.
You like it? Check my other gluten-free recipes.
Chocolate cake without flour, sugar, butter and dairy products
- 150 g chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 180 g applesauce without sugar
- 40 g starch (maizena)
- 2 tsp baking powder dough
- 3 eggs (separate yolks from whites)
- 1 a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C, (390F) and line a baking dish with parchment paper or use a silicone mold.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or a microwave.
- Add applesauce to melted chocolate. Mix.
- Add yolks and mix well.
- Add starch and baking powder. Mix.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, adding a pinch of salt.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes. Baking time depends on the oven and shape. Check readiness with a knife blade.
The flourless chocolate cake is a delicate gluten free dessert that melts in your mouth. The recipe is absolutely simple without any flour! All you need is chocolate, butter, sugar and eggs.
Flourless chocolate cake
- 200 g chocolate chips (60%)
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate and butter on a water bath or in a microwave. Mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Separate yolks from egg whites.
- Add yolks into the melted chocolate and mix.
- Add salt to the egg whites, and beat into a thick foam.
- Using a spatula carefully fold in whipped egg whites into chocolate mass.
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Generously butter a baking pan and pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake in in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. The exact time of baking depends on the oven, size and quality of the baking pan. Once the the cake is moist and not liquid inside (it’s not a lava cake) – it’s ready. Please, don’t overcook!
- Let the cake cool then carefully remove it from the pan. Dust it with powdered sugar and serve.
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles is one delicacy that no one can refuse. The roasted hazelnut compliments the rich cacao powder. Store the truffles in container in the fridge for up to 5 days, but they will disappear from the fridge a lot faster, trust me on this.
Chocolat Hazelnut Truffles
- 30 g hazelnuts
- 150 ml heavy whipping cream
- 200 g dark chocolate (60-70% cacao)
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the nuts in an even layer on the baking sheet, and roast it for 10-15 minutes. Stirring every 3 minutes. Check the nuts. You are looking for the color to be a few shades darker. When the nuts are browned and smell nutty, remove from the oven and transfer onto a plate. Cool it and clean from the flakes. I like my truffles extra tiny, so I cut each hazelnut in half. You don’t have to cut them if you are making large truffles.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Wait 1-2 minutes until chocolate melts.
- Add butter and whisk until smooth. Place it in the frizzer for about 2 hours, until firm enough to roll.
- Use a teaspoon or small cookie scoop to portion the ganache, hide one hazelnut inside each piece, roll the balls between hands, until smooth and place on a plate.
- Roll in cacao powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
This heart-shaped Ice Cream will please your significant other without having to spend the whole day cooking. Ice cream in the shape of a heart served with a cloud of whipping cream dusted with grated chocolate. This icy dessert will melt hearts!
Heart-shaped Ice Cream
- 200 g chocolate ice cream (or another your favorite ice cream/sorbet )
- 50 ml heavy whipping cream ( 35%) very cold
- 1 tsp sugar
- Grated chocolate
- Few red berries (blueberry, raspberry…)
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and leave it out for 5 minutes to make it softer. Put the ice cream in a heart shaped mold. Cover with plastic wrap and put it back in the freezer for around 45 minutes.
- Submerge the mold under hot water for a couple seconds (wipe the water off of the mold with a towel so that the serving plate does not get wet).
- Remove the ice cream from the mold onto a plate. Put the plate into the freezer.
- Whip the heavy cream with the sugar until fluffy. Don’t over beat.
- When serving, put the whipping cream on the heart. Decorate with nuts, grated chocolate, and red berries. Serve right away.
King Cake is a very popular French pie that celebrates the Epiphany, in early January. My children love this cake as well as chocolate so the Chocolate King Cake makes them twice as happy!
Chocolate King Cake (Galette des Rois)
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream
- 100 g dark chocolate (60-70% cacao)
- 50 g softened butter
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g almond flour
- 2 sheets ready-to-use puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- Bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil. Pour it on the chocolate, wait a few seconds then mix well until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Beat the softened butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the egg. Mix.
- Then, add the almond flour and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate to the almond preparation and mix well. If this preparation is too thin (because it is still hot), leave to cool in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry. Spread the chocolate-almond filling over the center of the dough, leaving a 1 inch (1.2 cm) exposed border. If you wish, place a little porcelain figurine “fève” in the filling.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with water and cover with another circle of dough on top and press down to seal the edges.
- If you want, with a knife or just with your fingers, decorate the edges.
- Brush with beaten yolk. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 390F (190C).
- Brush with yolk one more time. Using a knife, create a design on top of your galette. Poke 3-5 holes, to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Creamy Vanilla And Chocolate Jelly is a very light and airy dessert, with a touch of sweetness. Who wouldn’t love chocolate and vanilla goodness in a cup? I always try to limit myself. This dessert is so simple to make and a great way to end a special dinner. It can be done the day before.
Creamy Vanilla And Chocolate Jelly
- 1/2 cup water cold
- 3 packs Knox original gelatin unflavored
- 500 ml heavy whipping cream
- 500 ml whole milk
- 8 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml whole milk
- 3 Tbsp water cold
- 1/2 pack Knox original gelatin unflavored
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, bring milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar to a simmer, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Let it cool for 5 minutes, strain through a fine sieve.
- Divide the mixture between 12 small glasses and place them in the fridge until firm (2-3 hours).
- In a small saucepan, add milk and water. Sprinkle gelatin on top and set aside for 3 minutes. Add cacao powder and sugar, mix well.
- Place over medium heat and heat until barely boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a fine sieve. Let the mix cool down.
- Remove the glasses from the refrigerator and pour the chocolate mixture on top of the vanilla jelly.
- Refrigerate for 2 more hours.
Excellent Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies. I’ve tried a lot of different chocolate chip cookie recipes, and this one is the best one by far. They have the right balance of flavor and texture. My kids remove them from the oven as soon as the edges turn gold. They don’t look done when they are, so be carefully not to burn the bottoms.
Chocolate Chip and Nut Cookies
- 225 g butter softened
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar (optional)
- 100 g sugar
- 330 g all purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 350 g chocolate chips
- 50 g walnuts
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Little by little add sifted flour ,mixed with salt and baking soda.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spoon out the cookie dough using a cookie scoop(use your hand if you don’t have cookie spoon) and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Divide the nuts and seeds on top of the each cookie and gently press down on the dough ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set but the middle is still soft.
- Let cool cookies for few minutes then transfer them with a spatula to a rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy it with glass of milk or your favorite tea.