Profiteroles – French cream puffs filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with chocolate sauce. Chocolate sauce on this profiteroles is the “live jazz”. Don’t let the long recipe scare you, it is very easy and worth all the time involved. It is a great dessert you can impress your family and friends with.
Profiteroles With Vanilla Ice Cream And Chocolate Sauce
- 200 ml water
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g butter
- 120 g sifted flour
- 3-4 eggs
- 800 g chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 250 ml milk or heavy cream
- 300 g dark chocolate (60% cacao)
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot, add water, butter and salt. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Add sifted flour and mix well.
- Mix until the dough comes away from the walls and forms into a ball.
- Add the eggs, one by one and mix well. (If the eggs are large, use only 3 eggs.)
- The dough should become smooth and shiny. Return saucepan back on the heat and keep mixing for about 30-50 seconds, to dry out the moisture. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag to pipe specific shapes (size of the walnut is the best). Space the puffs slightly apart on the baking sheet, because the dough will rise.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the puffs are puffed and golden brown in color. Do not open the oven while baking. Remove from the oven, let it cool completely and carefully transfer to a flat surface.
- Cut puffs in half. Place one small scoop of ice cream ball on the bottom of each puff.
- Replace the top. As soon as you done, place them in the freezer, until they are ready to be served.
- In a small, saucepan bring milk to boil, remove from the heat and pour the liquid over the chocolate. Allow it to sit for 1 minute.
- Mix it until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the profiteroles from the freezer. Arrange 3 puffs per plate. Drizzle each serving with chocolate sauce and Voilà! 😉 Bon appetite.