Homemade Olive Tapenade
- 200 g black olives pitted
- 1 Tbsp capers (optional)
- 20 g anchovies filets in oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in an electric blender. Pulse a few times until finely chopped. The tapenade should have small pieces of olives. Do not over blend!
- Serve with crackers or fresh baguette slices.
Just because I don’t drink alcohol doesn’t mean that I have to stick with plain water… This virgin mojito is a perfect beverage for any family and friends gatherings. There are many ways to make virgin mojito. Personally, I think the version with Ginger Ale tastes the best.
- 4 limes
- 2 lemons
- 1 big bunch of mint
- 10 cups ice cubes
- 2 (1.5 L) bottle of sparkling water or club soda
- 1 (1 l) bottle of ginger ale
- Slice lemons and limes.
- In a big jar combine the limes, lemons, fresh mint and ice cubes together.
- Top with sparkling water, Ginger Ale and stir.
This is my home-made lemon infused vodka. This strong alcoholic drink has a pleasant lemon aroma. You can either drink on its own or use it to make cocktails. Please consume with moderation.
Lemon Infused Vodka
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 l vodka
- Peel the lemon then slice it.
- Place the lemon slices into the jar then add sugar and vodka.
- Cover and keep 7 days at room temperature, out of direct sunlight.
- Discard the lemon slices, strain the infused vodka thru a fine mesh. Transfer vodka into a bottle. Serve chilled or use for the cocktail.
I’ve always had a sweet tooth. Whether it be a plain piece of dark chocolate or a decadent caramel cheesecake, I can’t remember the last time I turned down dessert. My mouth waters every time I see or think of this Lemon Cake. Each time I’m at Starbucks, I know what I will be ordering. I can’t guarantee this Lemon loaf tastes exactly like Starbucks, I personally think it’s better. You tell me. 🙂
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Combine eggs and sugar.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Add vegetable oil and mix.
- Gradually add greek yogurt and mix until combined.
- Stir in baking powder.
- Slowly add flour. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and quickly cover the pan with aluminum foil, and return to the oven, for the last 10 minutes, to prevent excess browning.
- Cool the loaf in a pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool completely.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar with lemon juice until smooth. Spoon evenly over the loaf and let sit for about 30 minutes.
Tasty, simple and beautiful looking dish for everyday or special occasions.
Lemon Rosemary Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets remove bone and skin
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced
- 8 spring fresh rosemary washed
- 8 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add 4 Tbsp of olive oil to baking dish. Place one slice of lemon and one rosemary spring under each salmon fillet.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika evenly over salmon and place one slice of lemon and one rosemary spring on top of salmon.
- Drizzle 4 Tbsp of olive oil over salmon.
- Bake 25 minutes until salmon is flaky.
- Place salmon on serving platter and enjoy.
No one would ever argue how important and beneficial lemon is for our everyday life. We use it for cooking, cleaning, medicine and many different reasons.
Also you can make a gorgeous lemon vase out of the lemon, to make your table look absolutely marvelous!