This is my home-made lemon infused vodka. This strong alcoholic drink has a pleasant lemon aroma. You can either drink on its own or use it to make cocktails. Please consume with moderation.
Lemon Infused Vodka
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 l vodka
- Peel the lemon then slice it.
- Place the lemon slices into the jar then add sugar and vodka.
- Cover and keep 7 days at room temperature, out of direct sunlight.
- Discard the lemon slices, strain the infused vodka thru a fine mesh. Transfer vodka into a bottle. Serve chilled or use for the cocktail.
The perfect cocktail to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day, the national holiday of Ireland. Irish Coffee is quickly prepared with coffee, sugar, heavy whipping cream, and whisky!
- 1 black coffee
- 1/2 tea spoon brown sugar (or powder sugar)
- 1 Tbsp whisky
- A bit of heavy whipping cream
- Pour the whiskey and the sugar in the bottom of the cup. Prepare a black coffee and pour it in to the glass.
- Finish with a little bit of heavy whipping cream (preferably homemade) on the whiskey coffee. Serve right away.
Pineapple Vodka is nicely flavored and has a pleasant taste. A vanilla bean is not a must but will improve the experience by softening the drink.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 750 ml vodka
- 1 vanilla bean (not necessary but highly recommended)
- Peel and core fresh pineapple, cut into cubes. Place the pineapple into a large bottle or mason jar with lid. If using vanilla bean, slice the bean from top to bottom in one long slit keeping it attached at the upper stem, like a v-shape. With help of the knife scrape, scrub the seeds and add them into the jar. Fill the jar with vodka. Cover and put it off to the side for 5 days in a fresh and dark place, to let the flavors infuse.
- After 5 days, strain pineapple out through a fine mesh strainer and pour your infused vodka into a nice, fancy bottle. Refrigerate. It will be ready as soon as it is chilled.
- You can eat the leftover pineapple. And of course make sure not to offer it to kids or pregnant women.