I’ve always had a sweet tooth. Whether it be a plain piece of dark chocolate or a decadent caramel cheesecake, I can’t remember the last time I turned down dessert. My mouth waters every time I see or think of this Lemon Cake. Each time I’m at Starbucks, I know what I will be ordering. I can’t guarantee this Lemon loaf tastes exactly like Starbucks, I personally think it’s better. You tell me. 🙂
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Combine eggs and sugar.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Add vegetable oil and mix.
- Gradually add greek yogurt and mix until combined.
- Stir in baking powder.
- Slowly add flour. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and quickly cover the pan with aluminum foil, and return to the oven, for the last 10 minutes, to prevent excess browning.
- Cool the loaf in a pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool completely.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar with lemon juice until smooth. Spoon evenly over the loaf and let sit for about 30 minutes.
No one would ever argue how important and beneficial lemon is for our everyday life. We use it for cooking, cleaning, medicine and many different reasons.
Also you can make a gorgeous lemon vase out of the lemon, to make your table look absolutely marvelous!