The “Galettes de Sarrasin” – traditional french buckwheat crepes that can be served with savory filling: ham & cheese (Galette Jambon Fromage), veggies, eggs, mushrooms, salmon… The filling option is endless. My Breton husband loves them so much, he eats them plain with butter or with jam.
This recipe is gluten free!
- 250 g buckwheat flour sifted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 350 ml milk
- 350 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 50 g melted butter
- butter for cooking
- Combine buckwheat flour with salt, milk and water together.
- Add eggs.
- Add melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Cover with plastic and and let rest for 2 hours.
- Heat a lightly buttered nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/4 cupful batter to skillet and immediately tilt to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until edges start to dry and center is set, for about 30 seconds, lift with spatula and cook the other side for couple more seconds, move them to the cutting board.
- Always keep your eyes on the pan.
- Brush each crepe with butter and serve while they are still hot.