Homemade Olive Tapenade
- 200 g black olives pitted
- 1 Tbsp capers (optional)
- 20 g anchovies filets in oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in an electric blender. Pulse a few times until finely chopped. The tapenade should have small pieces of olives. Do not over blend!
- Serve with crackers or fresh baguette slices.
Very simple and quick recipe to make, from the ingredients that you’ll always find in your pantry. Eggs, tuna, pickles and mayonnaise. Perfect appetizer for any event or pre-dinner snack.
Hard-Boiled Eggs Loaded With Tuna
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- 1 can (180 g) tuna in its own juice
- 1-3 medium pickles
- 4-5 Tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- fresh herbs
- Place raw eggs in a saucepan and cover with at least 2-3 inches of cold water. Place the saucepan over high heat until it reaches a boil. Boil for 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove from hot water and transfer them into ice cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Grate 2 pickles, using a microplane cheese grater. Cut one pickle into thin slices.
- Carefully peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove yolk from 6 eggs.
- Mash 6 egg yolks and one whole egg with fork until crumbly.
- Drain and mash the tuna, combine with mashed eggs. Add shredded pickles, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with paprika, fresh herbs and sliced pickle.
- If there is some extra filling left, serve it on the fresh bread or crackers.