Peaches, apricots, cherries, blackcurrants and pineapples with brandy are a great adult-only fruit dessert.
These brandied fruits can be enjoyed on their own or combined with another dessert. You can add nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 1 pineapple
- 500 g apricots (or peaches)
- 500 g sour cherries or black currants
- 250 g sugar
- 300 ml brandy (cognac)
- Peel the pineapple. Cut it in the middle and then cut into cubes.Cut the apricots in half and remove the pits. Cut the apricot halves into quarters.Pour in the cherries (I use cherries with pits).Put all the prepared fruits and berries in a large glass jar with a lid.Add the sugar.
- Pour in the brandy and close the lid.
- Leave to infuse for 21 days in a cool, dark place.Gently shake the jar twice a week.
- After 21 days, separate the fruit from the liquid. Drain and save the liquid which can be used as a starter to bake bread.Fruits and berries can be used as a dessert.Note: I have never tried making bread with it. We taste as it is: first the fruit then we drink the liquid!
Pineapple Vodka is nicely flavored and has a pleasant taste. A vanilla bean is not a must but will improve the experience by softening the drink.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 750 ml vodka
- 1 vanilla bean (not necessary but highly recommended)
- Peel and core fresh pineapple, cut into cubes. Place the pineapple into a large bottle or mason jar with lid. If using vanilla bean, slice the bean from top to bottom in one long slit keeping it attached at the upper stem, like a v-shape. With help of the knife scrape, scrub the seeds and add them into the jar. Fill the jar with vodka. Cover and put it off to the side for 5 days in a fresh and dark place, to let the flavors infuse.
- After 5 days, strain pineapple out through a fine mesh strainer and pour your infused vodka into a nice, fancy bottle. Refrigerate. It will be ready as soon as it is chilled.
- You can eat the leftover pineapple. And of course make sure not to offer it to kids or pregnant women.
Just because I don’t drink alcohol doesn’t mean that I have to stick with plain water… This virgin mojito is a perfect beverage for any family and friends gatherings. There are many ways to make virgin mojito. Personally, I think the version with Ginger Ale tastes the best.
- 4 limes
- 2 lemons
- 1 big bunch of mint
- 10 cups ice cubes
- 2 (1.5 L) bottle of sparkling water or club soda
- 1 (1 l) bottle of ginger ale
- Slice lemons and limes.
- In a big jar combine the limes, lemons, fresh mint and ice cubes together.
- Top with sparkling water, Ginger Ale and stir.