Make a Salmon Terrine with fresh and smoked salmon, eggs, sour cream, and parsley. This elegant french recipe is a refined and delicious appetizer and it is perfect for cold buffets. Serve the terrine with mayonnaise, vegetables, or a green salad.
- 500 g salmon fillet with no skin or bones
- 5 eggs
- 250 г sour cream
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 250 g smoked salmon cut into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 390° F (180°C). Grease a loaf pan using cooking oil.
- Cut the fresh salmon into pieces and mix with a food processor.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the sour cream and parsley.
- Add the smoked salmon, salt and pepper. Mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow the salmon terrine to cool before removing it from the pan. Serve the dish chilled.
What could be better with puff pastry than sour cream and smoked salmon? Kids and adults will really appreciate these savory small appetizers. The best part is, they are very simple to make. All it takes is spreading the filling onto the puff pastry, rolling it up, cutting it into rolls and bake.
Puff Pastry Swirls With Smoked Salmon
- 1 sheet all butter puff pastry
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- A bit of dill fresh or dried
- ground black pepper to taste
- 200 g smoked salmon slices
- Roll the puff pastry out with rolling pin into 1/2 inch thick square. Spread the sour cream on the top. Leave about 1cm around the edges. Sprinkle with tiny chopped dill.
- Arrange the smoked salmon evenly on top of the puff pastry sheet.
- Starting at one end, roll the pastry up as tightly as possible.
- Tightly cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes. It will be much easier to cut cold roll.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a very sharp knife, cut the roll into 1 cm slices.
- Remove the plastic wrap and transfer them to the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 -20 minutes until the “snails” are puffed and golden.
This Pan Fried Salmon has crisp skin and moist, tender flesh. It only takes salt and pepper to prepare this fresh salmon fillet.
The cooking time will vary with the fillets thickness.
Pan fried salmon
- 2 Tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- 4 salmon fillets or salmon steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet with butter over medium-high heat.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon (skin side up) in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until fish turns golden brown.
- Carefully turn the salmon over with spatula and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- As soon as the fish is ready, transfer it to a flat plate and serve as desired.
Tasty, simple and beautiful looking dish for everyday or special occasions.
Lemon Rosemary Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets remove bone and skin
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced
- 8 spring fresh rosemary washed
- 8 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add 4 Tbsp of olive oil to baking dish. Place one slice of lemon and one rosemary spring under each salmon fillet.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika evenly over salmon and place one slice of lemon and one rosemary spring on top of salmon.
- Drizzle 4 Tbsp of olive oil over salmon.
- Bake 25 minutes until salmon is flaky.
- Place salmon on serving platter and enjoy.
Carrots and leeks are the perfect combination of flavors for baked salmon. This is an easy recipe to prepare salmon and veggies in an aluminum foil.
Baked Salmon with Leeks and Carrots
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tsp mustard
- 1-2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare 12x12 inch foil pieces for each fillet.
- Place salmon on prepared foil and spread mustard over each fillet. (I use traditional mustard "a l'ancienne", but you can use any type).
- Wash the leeks and cut into thin slices.
- Shred the carrots.
- Top each salmon fillet with carrots and leeks, drizzle 4 Tbsp. of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the long sides of the foil up the middle and fold the edges together.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until salmon is cooked though.