Excellent Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies. I’ve tried a lot of different chocolate chip cookie recipes, and this one is the best one by far. They have the right balance of flavor and texture. My kids remove them from the oven as soon as the edges turn gold. They don’t look done when they are, so be carefully not to burn the bottoms.
Chocolate Chip and Nut Cookies
- 225 g butter softened
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar (optional)
- 100 g sugar
- 330 g all purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 350 g chocolate chips
- 50 g walnuts
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Little by little add sifted flour ,mixed with salt and baking soda.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spoon out the cookie dough using a cookie scoop(use your hand if you don’t have cookie spoon) and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Divide the nuts and seeds on top of the each cookie and gently press down on the dough ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set but the middle is still soft.
- Let cool cookies for few minutes then transfer them with a spatula to a rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy it with glass of milk or your favorite tea.
Very light, melting in your mouth, make these coconut cookies with shredded coconut and crushed hazelnuts. Works perfectly for gluten free diet. You may want to double the recipe as one batch never seems to be enough. You can freeze the leftovers in a plastic container.
Coconut cookies with hazelnuts
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 g sugar
- 150 g shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 50 g crushed hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Combine egg whites and salt in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in coconut and hazelnut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto 2 baking sheets covered with parchment paper. Garnish each cookie with half hazelnut. I bake one baking sheet at a time, for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and try if the cookie is ready. Cool for about 3 minutes and transfer them onto the serving plate.