Peaches, apricots, cherries, blackcurrants and pineapples with brandy are a great adult-only fruit dessert.
These brandied fruits can be enjoyed on their own or combined with another dessert. You can add nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 1 pineapple
- 500 g apricots (or peaches)
- 500 g sour cherries or black currants
- 250 g sugar
- 300 ml brandy (cognac)
- Peel the pineapple. Cut it in the middle and then cut into cubes.Cut the apricots in half and remove the pits. Cut the apricot halves into quarters.Pour in the cherries (I use cherries with pits).Put all the prepared fruits and berries in a large glass jar with a lid.Add the sugar.
- Pour in the brandy and close the lid.
- Leave to infuse for 21 days in a cool, dark place.Gently shake the jar twice a week.
- After 21 days, separate the fruit from the liquid. Drain and save the liquid which can be used as a starter to bake bread.Fruits and berries can be used as a dessert.Note: I have never tried making bread with it. We taste as it is: first the fruit then we drink the liquid!