Peaches, apricots, cherries, blackcurrants and pineapples with brandy are a great adult-only fruit dessert.
These brandied fruits can be enjoyed on their own or combined with another dessert. You can add nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 1 pineapple
- 500 g apricots (or peaches)
- 500 g sour cherries or black currants
- 250 g sugar
- 300 ml brandy (cognac)
- Peel the pineapple. Cut it in the middle and then cut into cubes.Cut the apricots in half and remove the pits. Cut the apricot halves into quarters.Pour in the cherries (I use cherries with pits).Put all the prepared fruits and berries in a large glass jar with a lid.Add the sugar.
- Pour in the brandy and close the lid.
- Leave to infuse for 21 days in a cool, dark place.Gently shake the jar twice a week.
- After 21 days, separate the fruit from the liquid. Drain and save the liquid which can be used as a starter to bake bread.Fruits and berries can be used as a dessert.Note: I have never tried making bread with it. We taste as it is: first the fruit then we drink the liquid!
Treat yourself with this mini dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It takes minimum time to make and looks fabulous. Fruits can be fresh or frozen, don’t worry : it will taste the same. This fresh whipped cream with blackberries will be perfect with a cafe gourmand!
Fresh whipped cream with blackberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream very cold
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder
- Whip heavy cream fluffy, until soft peaks form, but not too firm.
- Equally divide washed fruits into prepared glasses. Using the piping bag or small spoon, equally spread the cream into the glasses. Refrigerate if not serving it immediately.
- Before serving, dust it with cacao powder.