Very nourishing and yet simple to make salad from canned tuna, rice, corn, avocado, eggs and tomatoes. No mayonnaise! This salad always comes to my mind when I have leftover rice.
Tuna Rice Salad
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1 can (150 g) tuna in its own juice drained
- 100 g fully cooked rice
- 1 avocado
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn drained
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into 6-8 wedges
- 1/4 red oinon peeled and cut in half-moon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- Green onion or fresh dill minced
- In a nice big serving plate, mash tuna using a fork. Add rice and stir to combine.
- Cut the avocado in half, using a sharp knife, slice through the avocado lengthwise until you feel the knife hit the pit. Remove the pit and dice avocado into cubes.
- Add avocado, corn, tomatoes, and red onion. Carefully mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil.
- Slice eggs into quarter. Arrange them on top of the salad. Garnish with green onion.