Impress your holiday guests this year with crisp, delicious and full of juices roasted duck. This recipe is very simple and easy to make. The best way to serve it is with mashed potatoes.
Whole Roast Duck With Apples And Cranberry Stuffing
- 1 (2 kg, or more) duck
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 g butter (or 2 Tbsp olive oil)
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 apples Granny Smith
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Wash and pat dry duck with paper towels. Season inside and outside with salt and pepper.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Cut celery into thin slices.
- Peel, core and cut apples into small cubes.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a frying pan. Add onion and celery and sauté for 3-4 minutes until golden. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add apples and cranberries. Remove from the heat.
- Add bread crumbs and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Stuff duck with prepared stuffing. Secure skin underneath with skewer or toothpicks.
- Rub the skin with olive oil and place it into the roasting pan with the breast side down. Roast for one hour.
- Baste all over every 15-20 minutes with juices from the bottom of the pan.
- Flip the duck over and continue to roast for another 20-30 minutes. Cover wings and legs with foil if it gets too brown.
- The duck is done if the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted in the thickest part of the leg. Remove from the oven and cover the duck with aluminum foil for at least 10 minutes.
Delicate and full of apples easy to make cake. Recipe is very similar to famous Russian Apple Sharlotka but with a little of olive oil and baking powder. Must try!
Easy Apple Cake
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 150 g sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 big apples Granny Smith
- 1 tsp confectioner's sugar (facultatif)
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Grease and flour a round cake pan or line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar. Add flour and baking powder. Mix well, then add oil and mix last time.
- Peel and dice apples into small pieces. Lay out the apples on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the batter over the apples.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until а knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool then transfer to plate.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Very simple puff pastry apple tart recipe with minimum ingredients and maximum flavor. You don’t even need a mold for it. Sour apples work the best. I use brown sugar, it gives the apples that caramelized taste. Can be served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or cold with some powdered sugar on top.
Puff pastry apple tart
- 1 sheet all butter puff pastry
- 3-4 apples Granny Smith
- 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 30 g unsalted butter
- confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F. Place the dough on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Poke all over with a fork.
- Peel the apples, core and cut into wedges. Slice the wedges thinly and arrange the slices on the pastry, overlapping as you go. Dot apple slices with butter.
- Fold the edges of the pastry.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the pastry is golden and apples are tender.
My version of Normandy Apple Pie, with calvados and sour cream, of course.
Check out my other recipes with puff pastry.
Normandy Apple Pie
- 1 sheet all butter puff pastry
- 4-5 apples Granny Smith
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp Calvados
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup almond powder
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tsp sugar powdered
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Thaw one sheet of puff pastry until room temperature. Roll the pastry dough into circle and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem. Remove the stems and slice the apples cross wide in very thin slices. Add lemon juice.
- Arrange the apples slices in an overlapping spiral pattern.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs with sugar. Add calvados, sour cream and almond powder, mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and keep baking for 30 more minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.