Very simple puff pastry apple tart recipe with minimum ingredients and maximum flavor. You don’t even need a mold for it. Sour apples work the best. I use brown sugar, it gives the apples that caramelized taste. Can be served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or cold with some powdered sugar on top.
Puff pastry apple tart
- 1 sheet all butter puff pastry
- 3-4 apples Granny Smith
- 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 30 g unsalted butter
- confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F. Place the dough on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Poke all over with a fork.
- Peel the apples, core and cut into wedges. Slice the wedges thinly and arrange the slices on the pastry, overlapping as you go. Dot apple slices with butter.
- Fold the edges of the pastry.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the pastry is golden and apples are tender.