My version of Normandy Apple Pie, with calvados and sour cream, of course.
Check out my other recipes with puff pastry.
Normandy Apple Pie
- 1 sheet all butter puff pastry
- 4-5 apples Granny Smith
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp Calvados
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup almond powder
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tsp sugar powdered
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Thaw one sheet of puff pastry until room temperature. Roll the pastry dough into circle and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem. Remove the stems and slice the apples cross wide in very thin slices. Add lemon juice.
- Arrange the apples slices in an overlapping spiral pattern.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs with sugar. Add calvados, sour cream and almond powder, mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and keep baking for 30 more minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
French chocolate cake with dark chocolate. Very elegant and light, incredibly simple to make. It became our family signature cake. I make it for breakfast, for unexpected guests, and even as a birthday cake.
If you are looking for gluten-free recipe, try our Flourless Chocolate Cake.
French Chocolate Cake
- 200 g dark chocolate chips
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously butter a baking pan, then dust with little flour and tap out the excess.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave. Mix well.
- Whisk eggs with sugar until frothy and blended.
- Add eggs to the chocolate batter and whisk.
- Add sifted flour and whisk again.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Run the knife along to check if it is ready. Cake should be moist and not dry.
- Let it completely cool, remove the cake from the pan. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve.