Very simple and quick recipe to make, from the ingredients that you’ll always find in your pantry. Eggs, tuna, pickles and mayonnaise. Perfect appetizer for any event or pre-dinner snack.
Hard-Boiled Eggs Loaded With Tuna
To make the filling more smooth and fluffy I use not just egg yolks, but I also add one egg white.
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- 1 can (180 g) tuna in its own juice
- 1-3 medium pickles
- 4-5 Tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- fresh herbs
- Place raw eggs in a saucepan and cover with at least 2-3 inches of cold water. Place the saucepan over high heat until it reaches a boil. Boil for 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove from hot water and transfer them into ice cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Grate 2 pickles, using a microplane cheese grater. Cut one pickle into thin slices.
- Carefully peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove yolk from 6 eggs.
- Mash 6 egg yolks and one whole egg with fork until crumbly.
- Drain and mash the tuna, combine with mashed eggs. Add shredded pickles, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with paprika, fresh herbs and sliced pickle.
- If there is some extra filling left, serve it on the fresh bread or crackers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!