How do you transform a simple croissant into a delicious almond croissant? If you find that the croissants from your supermarket are not good enough or if you want to “revive” yesterday’s croissants, fill them with almond cream and put them in the oven. Here’s an easy way to enjoy almond croissants for breakfast at home.
- 4 croissants (not so fresh)
- 50 g softened butter
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g almond flour
- 1/2 tsp liquid vanilla (or a little rum)
- A bit flaked almonds
- A bit icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (400F).
- In a bowl, beat the softened butter and the sugar together, then beat in the egg.Stir in the almond powder. Add the vanilla (or rum) and set it aside.
- Cut the croissants lengthwise, without cutting them completely.
- Fill the croissants with the almond cream.
- Spread a little almond cream on the surface of the croissants.
- Finish by putting the flaked almonds on the top, so they will stick together.
- Place the croissants in the hot oven and let brown for 7-10 minutes.
- Let the croissants cool a little then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
This easy to make cake is perfect for a breakfast. The Walnuts and raisin go well together.
Walnut Raisin Cake
- 150 g walnuts
- 250 g softened butter
- 200 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g raisins
- Some powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Grind the walnuts in a blender.
- Using a mixer beat the butter with sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Add the walnuts. Mix.
- Add the raisins and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until а toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once the cake cooled down, transfer to a plate.
- Dust it with powdered sugar before serving.
This banana bread gets its amber color and caramelized taste from brown sugar and the taste is amplified by the almond flour. This is not gluten-free recipe, you need to add a little of all purpose flour too.
If you don’t have almond flour or brown sugar, you can try our famous Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread.
If you are looking for gluten-free recipe, try our Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins.
Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 200 g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 g almond flour
- 100 g unsalted butter melted
- 80 g all purpose flour
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- 60 g chocolate chips (60%)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C). Grease a large bread pan and set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork and mix them with brown sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add melted butter,
- and almond flour.
- Then add all purpose flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add walnuts
- and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into bread pan and bake for about 55 minutes.
- Banana bread is ready when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the bread in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.