How do you transform a simple croissant into a delicious almond croissant? If you find that the croissants from your supermarket are not good enough or if you want to “revive” yesterday’s croissants, fill them with almond cream and put them in the oven. Here’s an easy way to enjoy almond croissants for breakfast at home.
- 4 croissants (not so fresh)
- 50 g softened butter
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g almond flour
- 1/2 tsp liquid vanilla (or a little rum)
- A bit flaked almonds
- A bit icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (400F).
- In a bowl, beat the softened butter and the sugar together, then beat in the egg.Stir in the almond powder. Add the vanilla (or rum) and set it aside.
- Cut the croissants lengthwise, without cutting them completely.
- Fill the croissants with the almond cream.
- Spread a little almond cream on the surface of the croissants.
- Finish by putting the flaked almonds on the top, so they will stick together.
- Place the croissants in the hot oven and let brown for 7-10 minutes.
- Let the croissants cool a little then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.