Even with it’s simplicity, this seasonal radishes salad will look good on any table arrangement. You just need fresh radishes and fresh herbs for this recipe. These thinly sliced radishes create a colorful and delicious entree that will please any veggie-lover. Add your favorite fresh herbs, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. You can use any vinegar you like: white, apple or balsamic. I like to make this salad with white vinegar. This salad looks amazing if served in a white salad bowl.
Seasonal Radishes Salad
- 2 bunches radish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh herbs (dill, green onion, parsley) chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- Wash and cut off roots from the radishes, slice thinly. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
Okroshka is a soup, mostly served in summer and always served cold. The ingredients are diced and then mixed with kvass. The ratio of chopped vegetables to kvass is similar to that of cereal to milk. There are tons of different okroshka recipes, but every okroshka must contain green onion, radishes, cucumber, potatoes, boiled eggs and dill.
Okroshka (Cold Slavic Soup)
- 4 hard boiled eggs diced
- 2 boiled potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium english cucumber peeled and cut into small cubes
- 8 slices (300g) bologna finely diced
- 6-7 radishes thinly diced
- 1/2 bunch dill finely diced
- 1/2 bunch green onion finely diced
- 2 l kvass
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Chop all ingredients.
- Now is the time to turn the salad into a soup. Pour the kvass over the chopped vegetables and mix gently. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Let the veggies soak all the flavors for about 2-3 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Serve cold with sour cream. Okroshka will taste even better the following day.