Even with it’s simplicity, this seasonal radishes salad will look good on any table arrangement. You just need fresh radishes and fresh herbs for this recipe. These thinly sliced radishes create a colorful and delicious entree that will please any veggie-lover. Add your favorite fresh herbs, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. You can use any vinegar you like: white, apple or balsamic. I like to make this salad with white vinegar. This salad looks amazing if served in a white salad bowl.
Seasonal Radishes Salad
- 2 bunches radish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh herbs (dill, green onion, parsley) chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- Wash and cut off roots from the radishes, slice thinly. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
This cabbage and carrot slaw is simple, healthy and nutritious. It is super easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. A perfect side dish to literally anything.
Cabbage and carrot slaw
- 1 medium-sized cabbage head
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp 5% white vinegar
- 4-5 Tbsp olive oil
- fresh herbs (dill, parsley, green onion)
- Cut the cabbage in half and peel of a few of the thin outer layers. Cut each half into quarters, then cut out the tough core in the middle. Slice each quarter crosswise into thin shreds. Add salt and squeeze the shredded cabbage with your hands.
- Peel the carrots and shred them.
- Transfer the shredded carrots and cabbage into the mixing bowl. Add sugar, white vinegar and olive oil. Gently toss everything together. Taste and add some more salt if needed. Garnish with fresh herbs before serving.
For my version of pickled cabbage, cabbage and carrots are marinated with vinegar. This is an easy recipe and ready to eat the next day!
- 3-4 lb cabbage
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup 6% vinegar
- Cut, core and shred cabbage finely.
- Peel the carrots and grate.
- Peel the garlic and cut each clove into 4 pieces.
- Place vegetables in a mason jar.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, boil water with salt, sugar and olive oil. Remove from the heat and add vinegar.
- Pour hot marinade over the cabbage and let it cool completely.
- Cover with tight lid and store it in the refrigerator. Cabbage will be ready in 12 hours.