The secret to perfect guacamole is ripe avocados. If you prefer a smoother guacamole, use a blender. Personally, I prefer avocados crushed with a fork with finely cut tomatoes, onions, and cilantro.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 lemon (or lime)
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/2 oignon
- 2 cloves clove garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 pinches cayenne pepper (or chili powder)
- Fresh cilantro
- Slice the avocados in half along its length and dispose of the seed and skin. Crush the flesh of the avocado using a fork. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. Crush the garlic.
- Mix all the vegetables and avocados together. Salt, pepper, and add the cayenne pepper.
- Put the guacamole in a bowl and serve along with tortilla chips or sliced vegetables.
I am so excited that warmer weather is finally here. Now is the best time for healthy greens and fresh juicy mango. There is just not one single thing I don’t like about this salad. Trust me this is a salad you want to try.
Kale Salad with Avocado and Mango
- 2 cups kale finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large mango
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 5 tsp mandarin juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add the kale, 2 tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage until the kale starts soften(it will darken in color). Set it aside.
- Meanwhile peel and dice mango into 1/2″ cubes.
- Cut onion into half-moon slices.
- Slice the avocado while it’s in its shell and gently scoop the slices with a spoon.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Squeeze juicy mandarin into a small bowl. Add honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk together.
- Mix everything together, top with grated parmesan cheese and drizzle with dressing.
You are missing out if you haven’t made this incredible snack from ripe avocados. Anybody can make it, even my 7 year old makes it when she comes home from school. This is her favorite way to eat avocado. Split it in half and fill the center stone hole with some balsamic vinegar. Enjoy this healthy, delicious snack or appetizer.
Avocado boats with balsamic vinegar
- 3 avocados
- salt and freshly ground pepper optional
- 6 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove pits but do not peel them. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar in each hole, and serve.
This Delicious Tomato & Avocado Crostini almost didn’t make it to the dinner table. I could eat them all day. Everyday.
Delicious Tomato & Avocado Crostini
- 8 large baguette slices diagonally cut
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese soft
- 2 large avocados fully ripe
- 1 avocado sliced
- 8 Cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro for garnish
- Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat the broiler.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil turning the slices over once, until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Halve two avocados lengthwise and remove pit; scoop the flesh into a small bowl, add cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mash with a fork until spreadable.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the crostini, dividing evenly.
- Top each crostini with avocado slices and cherry tomatoes slices. Garnish with fresh cilantro.