Cowboy caviar (or Texas caviar) is a simple, healthy, colorful, and delicious appetizer, salad, side-dish, or dip. Using canned beans and corn is a quicker alternative to cooking dry beans. Spend less time in the kitchen but don’t forget to prepare in advance to allow the different flavors to blend together before serving.
- 1 can (425 g) Black beans, Red beans, or Black Eye peas, or Tri-Bean blend drained and rinsed
- 1 can (425 g) whole kernel sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion peeled and minced
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow or orange) cored and cubes
- 1 jalapeño cored and minced
- 3 tomatoes cubed
- 1/4 bunch Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lime juice
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl, mix, cover, and let chill for about one hour in the fridge.
I am so excited that warmer weather is finally here. Now is the best time for healthy greens and fresh juicy mango. There is just not one single thing I don’t like about this salad. Trust me this is a salad you want to try.
Kale Salad with Avocado and Mango
- 2 cups kale finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large mango
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 5 tsp mandarin juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add the kale, 2 tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage until the kale starts soften(it will darken in color). Set it aside.
- Meanwhile peel and dice mango into 1/2″ cubes.
- Cut onion into half-moon slices.
- Slice the avocado while it’s in its shell and gently scoop the slices with a spoon.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Squeeze juicy mandarin into a small bowl. Add honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk together.
- Mix everything together, top with grated parmesan cheese and drizzle with dressing.