One orange, one liter of vodka or rum, 44 coffee beans, 44 pieces of sugar, and 44 days of infusion. A French alcohol drink that will enchant your guests. Consume with moderation!
- 1 orange organic
- 44 coffee beans
- 44 pieces of sugar (or 220 g of granulated sugar)
- 1 liter vodka or white rum
- Wash a jar with boiling water then dry it. Wash and dry the orange.
- With a knife, make 44 cuts in the orange and put a coffee bean in each hole.
- Put the orange in the jar and add the sugar.
- Add the vodka (or rum).
- Close the jar well, keep it in a cool and dark place for 44 days.
- Throw away the orange (sadly it is not good anymore). Filter the liquor and pour into a bottle.
Very simple and quick recipe to make, from the ingredients that you’ll always find in your pantry. Eggs, tuna, pickles and mayonnaise. Perfect appetizer for any event or pre-dinner snack.
Hard-Boiled Eggs Loaded With Tuna
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- 1 can (180 g) tuna in its own juice
- 1-3 medium pickles
- 4-5 Tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- fresh herbs
- Place raw eggs in a saucepan and cover with at least 2-3 inches of cold water. Place the saucepan over high heat until it reaches a boil. Boil for 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove from hot water and transfer them into ice cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Grate 2 pickles, using a microplane cheese grater. Cut one pickle into thin slices.
- Carefully peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove yolk from 6 eggs.
- Mash 6 egg yolks and one whole egg with fork until crumbly.
- Drain and mash the tuna, combine with mashed eggs. Add shredded pickles, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with paprika, fresh herbs and sliced pickle.
- If there is some extra filling left, serve it on the fresh bread or crackers.
French chocolate cake with dark chocolate. Very elegant and light, incredibly simple to make. It became our family signature cake. I make it for breakfast, for unexpected guests, and even as a birthday cake.
If you are looking for gluten-free recipe, try our Flourless Chocolate Cake.
French Chocolate Cake
- 200 g dark chocolate chips
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously butter a baking pan, then dust with little flour and tap out the excess.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave. Mix well.
- Whisk eggs with sugar until frothy and blended.
- Add eggs to the chocolate batter and whisk.
- Add sifted flour and whisk again.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Run the knife along to check if it is ready. Cake should be moist and not dry.
- Let it completely cool, remove the cake from the pan. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve.