Prepare buckwheat crepes and garnish them with this delicious, simple mushroom and sour cream combination. A French favorite!
French Buckwheat Crepes with Mushrooms
Buckwheat Crepes (for 12 galettes)
- 250 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 350 ml water
- 350 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 50 g melted butter
Filling (4 servings)
- 1 onion peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 400 g mushrooms cleaned and sliced or 2 jars of canned sliced mushrooms
- 150 ml sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix buckwheat flour with salt, milk, water, and eggs together. Add melted butter and whisk until you get a smooth batter. Cover with plastic and and let rest for at least 2 hours. When you are ready to cook the crepes, stir the batter before frying each crepe.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, mix well, and cook for another few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Heat a lightly buttered nonstick skillet. Add 1/4 cupful batter to skillet and immediately tilt to fully cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer. Cook for a few seconds until the surface isn’t liquid.
- Without flipping the crepe, place 2-3 Tbsps of mushroom’s filling in the center. A 10-15 seconds later, as the crepe seems to be ready, carefully lift the sides with a spatula and fold them to form a square, or triangle.
- Carrefully transfer the crepe from the pan to tha plate, and serve quickly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow and like us: