Tasty and very easy recipe with only 2 main ingredients that you can find in every store: mushrooms and Boursin.
Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
- 30 small mushrooms (Cremini or Button Mushrooms)
- 1 block Boursin™ Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Some fresh herbs (cilantro, green onion, parsley) finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash and dry mushrooms. Remove stems. (You can use them for another recipe),
- Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Season with pepper. Fill each mushroom’s hole with 1-2 tsps of Boursin™.
- Bake about 25 minutes until mushrooms are golden and cooked through.
- Sprinkle the baked mushrooms with fresh herbs and they’re ready to be served!
French open-faced pie from puff pastry with buttery mushroom filling. To save time, I use canned sliced mushrooms. But you can use fresh ones as well.
Quiche With Mushrooms
- 1 sheet all butter puff pastry
- 15 g butter (or olive oil)
- 1 onion
- 250 g canned sliced mushrooms (drained)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml heavy cream( 35%)
- 5-6 thin slices hard cheese
- fresh parsley
- pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Peel and cut the onion. In a medium skillet, heat oil or butter until hot, add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté for another 7-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lay the puff pastry on a parchment paper and transfer it onto a baking sheet. Prick all over with a fork.
- Evenly spoon the mushrooms mix on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the mushrooms.
- Place the cheese slices all over the pie. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake on the bottom rack for about 35 minutes, until golden.
- Garnish with herbs before serving.
With a few simple tricks, you really can make this Creamy Mushroom Pate at home. Skip the store bought spreads and pates. Making it yourself is so, so easy and will be way tastier than just about anything from the deli department.
- 250 g mushrooms washed
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7 Tbsp olive oil
- green onion optional
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and cut onion into half moons.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Place a large frying pan over a high medium heat. Add 5 Tbsp of olive oil and sauté mushrooms for 10 minutes. Constantly stirring. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place a small frying pan over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and onion, and cook until golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for one minute. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Put half of the mushrooms and onion with garlic into a food processor or blender and pulse several times to combine.
- Add the remaining mushrooms and cream cheese and puree.
- Add salt and pepper and mix it with wooden spoon.
- Serve on crostini, with green onion or any fresh herbs.