These are to die for tacos. I’ve made it so many times and each time, it turns out so great. It goes awesome with Virgin Mojito.
Ground beef hardshell tacos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 5 Tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- 2 cups lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 taco shells hard
- Fully cook the ground beef. Drain extra grease. Add water and taco seasoning then cook for 3 more minutes.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Cut avocado into small cubes.
- Shred lettuce.
- Finely chop cilantro.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place empty taco shells on a cooking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Assemble each taco with meat mixture, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and lettuce. Top it with sour cream and salsa. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve immediately.
Hachis Parmentier is a delicious French casserole made with layers of mashed potatoes and ground beef.
The dish is named after Antoine Parmentier (1737-1813). He was a French pharmacist who made potatoes popular in Paris and northern France.
- 1 kg large potatoes
- 100 g butter (50+30+20)
- 50 ml milk (heated)
- 1 large onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 500 g ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 30 g grated cheese
- Some seasonings or minced parsley (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into cubes. Boil in salted water until easily pricked with fork, about 20 minutes. Then drain water.
- Add 50 g of butter and mash. Add warmed milk and mash together to smooth consistency. Taste the puree, add more salt if needed.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Melt 30 g of butter in a large pan and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the pan off the fire and let cool down a little. Add a row egg.
- Process to finer texture by using a food processor, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 380F/190C. Grease baking dish.
- Add 1/2 of mashed potatoes in thin layer to the prepared dish. Then layer beef preparation on top of potatoes. You can also add your favorite seasonings at this point or some chopped parsley. (This time, I added paprika).
- Top with remaining potatoes. You can make some shapes on the top using the fork. Add remaining butter and dot on the potatoes. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes until the top is golden.
Beef And Feta Pasta Dinner
Pasta and ground beef is nothing new, but when you add feta cheese, onion and fresh dill to it, it takes your pasta to a whole different level. Enjoy this Beef And Feta Pasta Dinner!
Beef And Feta Pasta Dinner
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 500 g pasta uncooked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200 g feta cheese
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil. Add onion and sauté until softened and brown, stirring once in a while.
- While the onion is cooking, cook pasta, according to the package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Fully cook the ground beef. Drain grease. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use your hands or the tines of a fork to crumble the feta cheese.
- Add onion, ground beef and crumbled feta to cooked pasta. Shower on a generous dusting of fresh dill and using two spoons, toss the pasta well.
This meatballs soup is one of the first soups I made right after I moved out from my parents house. I got this recipe from my mom over the phone. This meatball soup is very easy to make and will take no more than 30 minutes.
- 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- salt to taste
- 10 cups water
- 3 Tbsp chicken bouillon paste (optional)
- 5 medium potatoes cubed
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 3 Tbsp rice (any)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh dill and parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ground turkey and beef into a bowl. Add 1/2 chopped onion and salt. Mix well. Form a ball from the meat by rolling it in your hands.
- Add 10 cups of water to a medium pot over high heat. Add chopped potatoes (and chicken bouillon paste) to the soup pot.
- Bring to a boil. Toss the 1/2 onion and rice into the soup.
- Add one by one meatballs into the pot. Cook for 15 minutes or until meatballs are floating at the top.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and shredded carrot. Saute for about 2 minutes and add it to the pot.
- Boil for 3 more minutes. Add fresh dill or parsley at the end.
- Serve it with sour cream if desire.