This meatballs soup is one of the first soups I made right after I moved out from my parents house. I got this recipe from my mom over the phone. This meatball soup is very easy to make and will take no more than 30 minutes.
I like to make meatballs and cut all the vegetables before boiling the water for soup.
- 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- salt to taste
- 10 cups water
- 3 Tbsp chicken bouillon paste (optional)
- 5 medium potatoes cubed
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 3 Tbsp rice (any)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh dill and parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ground turkey and beef into a bowl. Add 1/2 chopped onion and salt. Mix well. Form a ball from the meat by rolling it in your hands.
- Add 10 cups of water to a medium pot over high heat. Add chopped potatoes (and chicken bouillon paste) to the soup pot.
- Bring to a boil. Toss the 1/2 onion and rice into the soup.
- Add one by one meatballs into the pot. Cook for 15 minutes or until meatballs are floating at the top.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and shredded carrot. Saute for about 2 minutes and add it to the pot.
- Boil for 3 more minutes. Add fresh dill or parsley at the end.
- Serve it with sour cream if desire.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!