The Quiche is a French open faced pie. Amazing dish which can be served with tossed salad, roasted potatoes, bouillon ( broth ) or just by itself.
Ham and cheese quiche
- 1 sheet all butter puff pastry
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml cream
- 150 g ham
- 70 g shredded cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On parchment paper, roll puff pastry out to larger than the size of your baking dish circle. Transfer to a pie plate. Using a fork, prick the surface of the dough to keep it from puffing up.
- Pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the crust starts to turn light gold. Remove the pastry from the oven, pressing the center down with a fork, if it puffed up a bit.
- Cut ham into small cubes and spread on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the cheese layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a tooth pick comes clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow and like us: