If you like almonds and walnuts, you will love this savory cake. Crush up walnuts and use almond flour to make this easy, quick, and delicious dessert.
Walnut and Almond Cake
- 125 g walnuts
- 5 eggs
- 230 g sugar
- 125 g melted butter
- 125 g almond flour
- 80 g all purpose flour
- Some walnuts halves
- Some powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Grind the walnuts in a blender. (Keep few walnuts halves to decorate the cake.)
- Using a mixer beat the eggs with sugar.
- Add the butter. Mix.
- Add the walnuts and almond powder. Mix.
- Add the flour and mix last time.
- Pour the batter in the pan. Lay slices the walnuts halves on top of the cake.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until а toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once the cake cools off, then transfer to plate.
- Dust it with powdered sugar before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow and like us:
6 thoughts on “Walnut and Almond Cake”
Just made this pipe took me 45 minutes turned out really really great tasted delicious thank you a lot also very easy to make I recommend this recipe for all you Walnut lovers
Could you give me the English measurements?
Here is the conversion from grams to ounces on the different ingredients:
125g = 4.4 oz
230g = 8.1 oz
80g = 2.8 oz
That’s a delicious cake. Enjoy.
My Cafe Gourmand
Made this today. Delicious! Had a big bag of Almonds and a few walnuts but not food a processor. So I put The nuts in a large gallon sized plastic bag and beat them up with a meat mallet. Then strained the nuts through the collander to separate the nut flour from the little bits of nut meat just to make sure I had the right amount of nut flour. Then used both the nut meats and nut flour in the recipe so although there were a few walnuts in it it was mostly an almond cake. Again it was delicious! It looked just liked the pictures and went perfectly with an iced coffee. Funny! I had the opportunity to eat someone else’s nut cake tonight (walnut) and thought their’s was nuttier in the short run. However, the sweetness of my nut cake and taste of the nuts crept up onto my palate slower and more pleasantly and much more enjoyably. I will make this again as an almond cake. This will be one of my go to recipes because it was so easy to make and again so enjoyable. Made a Sour Cream Coffee Cake last Saturday and I enjoyed this more.
Really glad you baked and liked this cake.
This is one of our favorite ones!