Tabbouleh salad has been a fundamental part of Middle Eastern cuisine for many years. The main ingredients are bulgur, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil, the rest ingredients are fresh or marinated vegetables, olives, raisins and spices. This salad is very flexible, fell free to add more or less of any spices of your choice.
Tabbouleh Salad can be served as a main course or side dish.
- 200 g couscous
- 200 ml boil water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber or 4 small ones
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper (any color) (I used 3 mini bell peppers)
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/4 bunch Fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Few drops tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 large lemon
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and 1/4 tsp of salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover tightly with a lid and remove from heat, let steam for 5 minutes. Cool it down.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
- Peel and cut cucumber into small cubes.
- Peel and thinly chop onion.
- Remove seeds from bell pepper and cut into small cubes.
- Finely chop fresh parsley and mint.
- Place the chopped vegetables, herbs and bulgur in a mixing bowl. Add Tabasco sauce. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Mix gently. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as needed.
- Transfer to a serving plater or serve it as a castle (using a ring)
- Or in a glass.
- Or as stuffed tomatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow and like us: