This French open-faced pie with canned tuna, egg & cream filling seems completely simple, but it is so delicious. Don’t forget to add mustard to this Tuna Quiche, it will give a charm to it.
I usually serve it with green salad. Aragula works the best.
- 1 sheet all butter puff pastry
- 200 g tuna in water (drained)
- 1-2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato
- 30 g cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lay the puff pastry out on a baking sheet. Prick all over with a fork.
- Pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the crust starts to turn light gold. Remove the pastry from the oven, pressing the center down with a fork, if it puffed up a bit.
- Meanwhile mix tuna and mayonnaise with fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mustard across centre. (I use mustard “a l’ancienne).
- Spoon the tuna mix on top.
- Combine eggs with sour cream and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over tuna.
- Slice tomato and arrange them on top of your quiche. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until quiche is golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!