Another delicious recipe from the cookbook “Delices d’Italie” by Loukie Werle.
Italian bell pepper salad
A delicious salad, found in an Italian cookbook (Délices d'Italie by Loukie Werle).A recipe that will please everyone, vegetarian or not. The peppers are roasted under the grill and then mixed with a tomato. An appetizer that is best eaten cold, so it can be prepared ahead of time.
- 4 large bell peppers (of different colors)
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful of basil leaves chiseled
- 1 handful of mint leaves chiseled
- 1 Tbsp capers (rinsed)
- Salt and fresh pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat grill.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and membranes.Place peppers on a broiler rack, skin side up
- Roast until the skin is blackened. Remove the peppers from the oven and put them in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Chop the garlic cloves. Chop the basil and mint leaves
- Remove the skin from the peppers and cut them into strips
- Put all the chopped ingredients in a serving bowl. Add the capers. Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for about one hour before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow and like us: