With a few simple tricks, you really can make this Creamy Mushroom Pate at home. Skip the store bought spreads and pates. Making it yourself is so, so easy and will be way tastier than just about anything from the deli department.
- 250 g mushrooms washed
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7 Tbsp olive oil
- green onion optional
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and cut onion into half moons.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Place a large frying pan over a high medium heat. Add 5 Tbsp of olive oil and sauté mushrooms for 10 minutes. Constantly stirring. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place a small frying pan over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and onion, and cook until golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for one minute. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Put half of the mushrooms and onion with garlic into a food processor or blender and pulse several times to combine.
- Add the remaining mushrooms and cream cheese and puree.
- Add salt and pepper and mix it with wooden spoon.
- Serve on crostini, with green onion or any fresh herbs.
This Delicious Tomato & Avocado Crostini almost didn’t make it to the dinner table. I could eat them all day. Everyday.
Delicious Tomato & Avocado Crostini
- 8 large baguette slices diagonally cut
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese soft
- 2 large avocados fully ripe
- 1 avocado sliced
- 8 Cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro for garnish
- Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat the broiler.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil turning the slices over once, until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Halve two avocados lengthwise and remove pit; scoop the flesh into a small bowl, add cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mash with a fork until spreadable.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the crostini, dividing evenly.
- Top each crostini with avocado slices and cherry tomatoes slices. Garnish with fresh cilantro.