This mouth watering venison roast recipe has become our family favorite. We all trying to eat healthy, and this deer meat is naturally low in fat and has no harmful hormones. It is not easy to shop for a deer meat, unless you know a good butcher shop near you, or your husband is a hunter like mine is.
Mouth Watering Venison Roast
Marinade is optional, but I always like my meat to be marinated before cooking.
- 3-4 lb venison cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large onion diced
- 2 lemons sliced in quarters
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- Mix together 2 gallons of water and 6 Tbsp of salt in a large pot or any food container and place the deer meat in it, add some ice on top and cover with lid. Place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in the roasting pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté until nice and golden.
- Add lemon and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Place the venison into the roasting pan, add white wine and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the heat. Add paprika, bay leaf, garlic, salt and pepper, and mix well with spatula.
- Place the roasting pan into preheated oven and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow and like us: