Absolutely love these Homemade Egg Noodles! My sisters and I used to make them together when we were growing up. They are fabulous with chicken stock, or homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
Homemade Egg Noodles
If it’s anyone’s first time for making egg noodles, add the extra water or flour bits at a time until you get a dough that you can knee very easy and it will smooth out nice, when rolling on the floured surface.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (more flour for rolling)
- Use a fork to beat the eggs, until smooth. Add salt and buttermilk and whisk. Stir in flour, one spoon at a time, until the dough come together in a ball.
- Flour a flat surface and roll the dough out.
- Once the dough reaches 1/4 inches thickness, use a sharp knife or pizza cutting wheel to cut the dough. You can cut them as wide or narrow as you like, but cut them as evenly as possible ensure uniform cooking time.
- Dust with a little flour and spread to dry.
- Let the noodles dry for 2-3 hours.
- Cook in 3 quarts boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and serve with butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!