Green Mango Salade (Кalawang)
Fresh chili pepper can be substituted with chili powder.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 green mangoes (unripe)
- 1/2 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and pressed
- 1/2 chili pepper seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon (or lime) juice
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Some fresh herbs (cilantro, green onion, parsley)
- 24 prawns (or shrimps) cooked and peeled
Peel the mangoes with a peeling knife. Shred the pulp and discard the pit.
In the salad bowl, toss the mangoes, onion, salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and oil. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in a refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
When ready to serve, transfer the salad on to the serving plates, embellish with fresh herbs, and prawns.